Re-Certification | WOSB
TIP: The first time you use HelloSign (our secure, web-based document completion/signature system), you will be asked to provide your email address. HelloSign will send you an email to verify you and begin the process to enable your completion and signature of our forms.
Payment for Services
Our non-refundable certification services fee is $275 for U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce Business and Suppliers Members; $350 for Non-Members. When you pay for and complete the EDWOSB or WOSB first, your certification payment will also cover charges for the NWBE and/or IWBE certification.
If you are not already a USWCC Business or Supplier Member, you may join here and save $75 on the certification services fee.
Complete the certification application for your certification type and submit with your eSignature.
We strongly suggest you complete by hand a printed version of the application document prior to completing the online form and eSignature. Once you start completing the application online, you must fully complete and sign the document during one session. You may not return to the document later. If you do not complete the document and signature in one setting, you will need to START OVER.
- Download a SAMPLE of the WOSB Re-Certification Application.
- Go here to complete the WOSB Re-Certification application.
Upload Required Supporting Documents
- Download a list of required supporting documents for the WOSB certification process.
- Upload the required supporting documents for the WOSB certification here.
Verification & Acceptance for Examination
The U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce Certification Team will review everything you have submitted for completeness before accepting your application for examination.
- Notification of Application Deficiency: If anything is missing, you will be notified via email of deficiencies in your application. Acceptance of your application and examination will not begin until all elements of the application are complete.
- Acceptance of Application for Examination: If everything is complete, you will be notified via email that your application has been accepted for review.
TIP: When the USWCC Certification Team issues either a "Notification of Application Deficiency" or an Application Acceptance letter, we will place a link to these notifications at https://www.womenowned.us/mycertification. [You will need to login -- your USWCC login will work at our womenowned.us website.]
Our certification team will also note where you are in the overall process at this secure webpage. You must be logged in to view the information for your firm. We strongly recommend you bookmark this link.
Primary Examination: After the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce Certification Team issues a notice that your application has been accepted for examination, we will schedule your exam with a Primary Examiner.
Secondary Examination: For quality assurance purposes, after your application has been reviewed by the Primary Examiner assigned to your case, your application is also reviewed by a Secondary Examiner.
- Additional Information Request: During the exam period, our Application Examiners may issue a request for additional information. This request may include additional documents or answers to specific questions about your firm, management, financial and/or legal status. If you receive an Application Information Request, please answer this request promptly (see "Timeliness" in the TIPS below) and notify our Certification Team when you are done.
- Completion of Examination by both Primary and Secondary Examiners: When both examiners complete the examinations of your application, a determination is made regarding the approval or denial of certification. Occasionally, during this phase of the process, either examiner may request additional information from the Applicant.
After the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce Certification Team makes a final determination regarding your certification application, findings are issued. You will receive a notification of the outcome and this information will also be posted for you at https://www.womenowned.us/mycertification. [You will need to login -- your USWCC login will work at our womenowned.us website.].
- Award: If your firm is awarded a certification, you will receive a notification letter and a formal certification document to be used as evidence of your certification. If you have received either the Federal EDWOSB or the WOSB certifications and would also like to secure the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce NWBE and/or IWBE, our certification team will help you complete the additional required application information.
- Denial: If your firm is denied certification, you will receive a notification letter including details of the reason(s) for your denial and information related to your option to appeal the ruling within thirty days.
After you secure your certification, please follow these procedures to renew annually.
- You should not apply for both the EDWOSB and WOSB. Apply for just one certification. If you qualify (economically) for the EDWOSB, we strongly recommend you elect this certification instead of the WOSB. Learn more here.
- If you are seeking either the Federal EDWOSB or the WOSB, and you also want to secure one of the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce Certifications (NWBE and/or IWBE), begin by completing the Federal (EDWOSB or WOSB) process first. When you have completed the federal process, our certification team will assist you with the additional information to secure the NWBE and/or the IWBE. When you complete the process in this sequence, you pay only one fee for certification.
- Important: Due to the detailed nature of the certification process and our obligation to document communications, we ask that you understand most of our communications with you will be in writing. Generally, we are able to answer basic questions about the certification forms and tools used to submit your application, signatures and uploaded documents, and to direct you to the federal rules for the WOSB/EDWOSB program. However, we cannot advise you regarding your specific answers to application questions.Also, we strictly adhere to the federal requirements for the WOSB/EDWOSB certification process. Given these requirements and our need to remain independent and in compliance, our interaction with you during the certification process will be quite formal. Our process is thorough, comprehensive, in compliance with an abundance of rules and regulations, trusted, and of significant value to those firms that secure our certification. We ask that you understand our need for formality and documentation and support our process – as ultimately, the process supports you.*Timeliness: Please note, as per the Preliminary Acknowledgements, we are required to secure from you and assess the status of your business at a specific point in time. Consequently, you must supply all required applications, payments and documents promptly. If you do not complete all elements of your certification or respond to the inquiries of our certification team in a timely manner, your certification application will be deemed to be abandoned and you will need to start the entire process again.
- Learn about the types of certifications offered.
- Visit our Certification Support page and read our FAQ's.
- Contact us via live chat (See the lower right side of your browser for our live chat assistance.)
- Attend an upcoming certification educational meeting.