Wake-Up Women of Color Roundtables
In the recently released USWCC Report, WAKE-UP CALL, the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce analysis of the 2012 U.S. Census report found women-owned business revenues lagging and for Women of Color, the statistics are even more disparate.
Did you know?
- African American or Black women-owned firms represent 15.4% of all firms but their receipts are only 2.97% of all revenues?
- Women of Color own 28% of all women-owned firms, but secure only 14% of the revenues.
- $27,753 -- African American or Black women-owned firms average annual receipts.
- $53,524 -- Hispanic women-owned firms average annual receipts.
- $170,587 -- White women-owned average annual receipts.
- $637,675 - Male-owned average annual receipts.
We planning to hold a series of USWCC Roundtables highlighting the issues women-of-color owned businesses (and all women-owned businesses) are facing in growing revenues. We will be reviewing the numbers and discussing how to best overcome the issues including legislative and political action.
I wanted to reach out to you to set up a time to talk about setting up a roundtable meeting in your region. I am hoping we can hold yours within the next couple of weeks. Please let me know your availability and also when we can have a discussion making this happen.
Margot Dorfman, CEO
U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce